Creating Excellence in Volunteer Administration
The Miami Valley Association of Volunteer Administrators was established in 1994. Our mission is to promote the professional management of volunteers in the greater Miami Valley region and nurture and support the development of managers of volunteers through education and networking.
Purpose and Objectives
To encourage and assist members to improve their skills and develop their knowledge.
- To provide a medium for the exchange of information and ideas.
- To promote and provide educational opportunities for volunteer managers.
- To cultivate and expand public awareness of the value of a professional volunteer manager.
Membership in MVAVA has many benefits including:
- Idea sharing with peers in the field of volunteer administration and other professionals
- Promotion of your organization and your volunteer program
- Professional development, learning, and resources
- Cultivating public awareness of volunteer management and enhancing the value of this field to other professionals
- Networking with people and organizations across the entire Miami Valley
- Opportunities to take on leadership roles
Members gain access to a member directory, online discussion and resources, and receive discounts on training opportunities, and one-on-one mentoring from other members.
Meetings are held from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm the third Tuesday of the month at The Food Bank of Dayton located at 56 Armor Place. See the calendar in the menu above for specific meeting dates.